Sunday 6 March 2016

New Design Direction

After many years of designing handbags I have decided it is time to change. Living in France as I now do, I am surrounded by gorgeous antique linens. 


I found this piece of 1900 check linen in a brocante this week.


I am also finding amazing antique French clothes.

I am interested in a time when there was not a throw away culture. Fabrics were handwoven and therefore not only expensive, but also treasured. Clothes and household items were patched and darned to extend their life.

I think there is a real beauty in these old repairs and it has inspired me in some small way to recreate them.


Over the coming months I will create a range of items from antique French chanvre (hemp) and linen. I will dye, patch, darn and embellish.


No comments:

Post a Comment