Saturday 12 January 2013

Up-cycled vintage bits

Vintage French Button Cards

I have fond childhood memories of my mother's sewing basket and in particular her tin of buttons. I came across a large tin of mixed white buttons at a French Vide Grenier recently and could not resist buying them.

I also bought a pile of old postcards and as part of the lot there were cards whose images were nothing special. But, not being one to ever throw anything away I kept them as they might come in useful one day.


One rainy Sunday I decided to combine the buttons and unwanted postcards with a pile of old 1940's French fashion magazines.


The vintage button card was born!


They looked so good all together that I even used them to wallpaper the wall of my stand at the Made by Hand show in Tradegar in December.




No comments:

Post a Comment